Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Life in Tokyo # 58: Fish are our friends

Life in Tokyo # 58: Fish are our friends - YouTube


Life in Tokyo # 58: Fish are our friends - YouTube


I spent the day, or should I say a night in the morning at the Tsukiji market. I think I still smell of fish with the amount of Gore on my body. There were many experiences when I was in about 2 hours of footage that I have fallen in the end, to the extent appropriate to YouTube for 10 minutes. A little hard to explain everything, so I hope to be logical.

I have been fortunate to be part of some of the things behind the scenes that I was there, in the ability to work for another job. So, do not ... They probably will not let you do some of the things you're lucky enough to get to. But many parts of the market is open to the public, including the tuna auction, and parts of the wholesale market.

I highly recommend a visit if you're ever in Tokyo.
* Note as of December 15, 2008 in the tuna auction is closed to tourists. The ban on tourists, it seems not only cover the winter season, when the market is crowded. However, some parts of the market is always available. In particular, many souvenir shops and restaurants.

* Note: 09/08 open market again for tourists. For the time being at least. But who knows what will happen in the future.

More information here:

Tsukiji Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukiji_fish_market

Home Tsukiji Market:
http://www.tsukiji-market.or.jp/youkoso/about_e.htm

Music:

Taj Mahal - Fishing Blues
Doors - Land Ho!
Muddy Waters - Rolling Stone
Black Keys - I got mine




Life in Tokyo # 58: Fish are our friends - YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment